Friday, December 24, 2010

#2

This memory is more reflective of years of good memories. When I was a kid we typically did Christmas eve at my parents house or at my Grandma Lois's house. Every year there would be loads of people running around and I got to see my cousins Ryan, Randy, and Chris. We were probably closest with them out of all of our cousins. Ryan was the same age as Nate, Randy was the same age as me (in fact our birthdays are only a few weeks apart), and Chris and Aaron were pretty close in age too. We would usually be playing somewhere and my grandpa Fred would be barking at our parents that we were being too boisterous. Looking back I really value the time that we got to spend together as a family. The presents were fun, the food was great, but the real happiness came from getting to spend a whole day with my mom's side of the family. Christmas morning was done at my parents house and we would then usually have my grandma Kamie, Uncle Tom, cousins J.T. and Robert over to our house, or go up to the mountains, or out to Yorba Linda to celebrate. These days too were filled with love and family togetherness. I am thankful to my Heavenly Father for sending His Son (Jesus) so that we might be reconciled to Him, but I am also thankful that God gave me a family that loved each other and wanted to spend time together. My countown has taken me to Christmas eve. Soon I will wrap up this silly list that only a few people are actually reading. I leave you with this - "God rest ye merry gentlemen, let nothing you dismay, remember Christ our Savior was born on Christmas day, to save us all from Satan's power when we were gone astray, Oh tidings of comfort and joy, comfort and joy..." Merry Christmas eve!
-Fei Cheng

1 comment:

  1. Truly family is what is important at this time of year! Love your memories.

    ReplyDelete