Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Prayer is needed

Today I am grieving for my good friend J.D. Bennett. His sister Lisa died yesterday in Spain at the age of 36. She leaves behind a loving husband and five children on the mission field in Spain. Please pray for J.D., for Lisa's husband Dan, for Lisa's 5 children, for J.D.'s mother Elizabeth, and for anyone else affected by this loss. Lisa was a believer in Christ who left the comforts of America behind to live in Northern Spain to reach Spaniards with the gospel and Basques with the gospel. I never personally met her, but her testimony of not wanting to retreat from the mission field in the face of cancer is inspiring. I hope that the people she was trying to reach for Jesus will come to Christ as a result of her life and testimony. Please pray for the Bennett/Leatherwood family. Thanks.
-Fei

3 comments:

  1. This is so sad, but I her testimony has a strong impact on the Spaniards she was ministering to and that people come to faith in Christ through their ministry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. J.D. said that over 600 people were at the funeral in Spain and that the gospel was clearly preached (most of the 600 were not saved). At the memorial service in California today her husband's thoughts were read and he commented that Lisa would have been thrilled to have so many unsaved people hearing the gospel.

    ReplyDelete