Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Time


Time is a funny thing. It can seem short or seem endless. Sometimes when you want it to slow down it seems to speed up. Other times you can't wait for something to come and it seems like it never will. I remember when Nicole and I got engaged I thought it would be no time at all until we were married. By the time we were married we were saying things like "it took forever to get here and now it's over". It has been roughly a month since we arrived home from our trip overseas to use our vocation (teaching) to help us share the good news with people. The time since then has seemed to go by very slowly. Nicole and I have read loads of books during this time, which has been a blessing. As I see the new school year rapidly approaching I have been thinking about "time". We only have a certain amount of time on this side of eternity. What is the best way to use that time? I am wondering what is the best type of ministry to hop in or start now that we are back home? I would like to start a Bible study but I don't think anyone would come. Please pray for a new direction to be made clear to me (and Nicole) as we start a new school year and settle into the routine of working Monday-Friday and having the weekends and evenings free. I want to honor God with the time I've been given. Time can fly even if it doesn't seem like it sometimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment