I got to spend some time with one of the young guys we worked with while we were in the high school ministry today after church. It was good to hear him and some of his friends (other young folks we worked with) talking about their excitement for church and wanting to find new ministry opportunities. It was hard to step away from the high school group because we loved working with the high school students. Everything kind of came together quickly after we made the decision to move on last year. The Sunday when we told our fellow leaders (the Zickerts) that we were stepping away we got approached in the evening about participating in the mission trip that we eventually went on this past July. There isn't a manual in the Bible that tells you how to make big decisions with where you should be headed ministry wise. We prayed about it and had come to the conclusion to move on. Of course we still weren't sure if that was the right thing to do. I think God kind of worked it out like a GPS of sorts. He took the decision we made and routed a new course for us to take in our walk with Him (just like a GPS re-routes you). Now I am trying to think of how we can be useful in our church since we are back from our trip and are not really involved in any ministries other than the Friday night PIE team which has suffered a massive lull in participation. I have been praying that God would give us direction. It isn't always easy to know what to do. In fact I think Nicole and I are fairly indecisive! Sometimes that isn't so bad. I have been studying the 7 churches of Revelation chapters 2-3 pretty thoroughly. Maybe I can start a home Bible study and use the notes I have been taking? I guess this afternoon just made me grateful that God chose us to play a small part in the life of this young man. My prayer for him is that he can follow the words found here in scripture:
Psalm 119:9
"How can a young man keep his way pure? By keeping it according to Thy word."
No comments:
Post a Comment