
Last night Nicole and I ventured to the "Block at Orange" for our weekly evangelistic efforts. I had some good conversations last night and we were able to pass out around 500 gospel tracts. I had a good conversation with a couple of Jehovah's Witnesses about the good news and what the Bible teaches about Jesus. I encouraged them to read John 20 and determine for themselves why Jesus did not correct Thomas when he said "My Lord and my God" to Jesus. I also encouraged them to compare Exodus 3:14 with John 8:44 to see if Jesus really was declaring Himself to be "I AM". I know that one conversation with people entrenched in a religion like the JW's can only do so much. But I am glad that I was able to declare the Gospel and encourage them to read the Bible cover to cover. Another conversation dealt with some high school students who claimed to be Christians but actually knew nothing about the Gospel and had some pretty out there ideas. I was able to take them through the same type of message that you can read at this website (http://www.needgod.com/). It was a fruitful convesation and I was able to encourage them to read their Bibles and put all of their trust in Jesus for their salvation. Nicole had a weird conversation with a guy that was never satisfied with her answers but also had an opportunity to pray with an elderly lady who has had a rough go of it lately and encourage her to follow Jesus more closely. Nicole also got to give a few tracts to some asian believers who wanted more information about what we were doing. She pointed them to the website so they could get their hands on some tracts of their own. It was a great night! I have been praying for more laborers to join us on Friday's. It only is a few hours of your week and you get to invest in the lives of the people in your community by sharing with them the hope found in Jesus Christ!
No comments:
Post a Comment